Ms. Howell’s 4th Grade Class
February 27, 2015
Ms. Tone and I continue to use and revise our Class Dojo. Students receive positive points for making positive choices. They can also receive negative points if they choose to make a negative choice. At the end of each week, we will reward students according to the points that they receive each week. If you have not yet signed up on Class Dojo to receive updates and see your child’s daily progress and need another copy of your parent log-in, please let me know.
Instead of E, S, N, and U written in the choice card, there is a printout with the percentages for homeroom and ELA/Math block. Please initial the pink form stapled in the Friday Folder (on the left side) for week 8 that you have reviewed the printouts for your child. If you have any questions about this please let me know!
It was so nice to see some of you this week for parent/teacher conferences. I appreciate you taking the time to learn how you can help your child be successful. For the parents that I did not get to meet with on Wednesday, I am sending home some paperwork in your child’s Friday Folder today. If you would like to schedule a phone conference or a morning /afternoon time please let me know!
One of the things I shared at conferences this week was about the new Georgia Milestones Assessment (GMAS).
Below are some links of information that will give you some additional information.
· Want more general information about the upcoming Georgia Milestones Assessment? Take a look at the PTA Guide. http://s2.onmycalendar.com/Files/GE/A5R7514422I_PTAguide.pdf
· Would you like to see a sample of the online Georgia Milestones Assessment? Click through this elementary online test sample. http://learnoas.ctb.com/GA/
· Want detailed information about the upcoming Georgia Milestones Assessment? The Department of Education published this assessment guide specific for each grade level tested. http://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/Assessment/Pages/Georgia-Milestones-End-of-Grade-Assessment-Guides.aspx
· Parents: This is last year's Georgia Department of Education practice test. This is the only practice test available date formats as seen in the assessment guides. There are about 4 practice tests for each subject for grades 3-5. There are about 8-12 questions on each practice test. https://www.georgiaoas.org/servlet/a2l
Next week, we will continue to use e-class as a source of homework for the week. Students will have 1-2 assignments each work to complete using the e-class course pages. Any student who does not have access to a computer or the internet can complete the assignment during morning work.
Below are just a few reminders/notes for the week:
- The Media Center February bookmark is due on Friday, March 6th.
- E-class: Do you still have questions about eCLASS and how your student is using eCLASS in the classroom? Do you want a better understanding of the eCLASS Curriculum and Instruction tool? Click here to find handouts and resources for elementary, middle, and high school.
School Wide Information
- Friday, March 6th – Burnette Spring Carnival
- Friday, March 13th-Snow Make Up Day
- Thursday, March 19th-Chick-fil-a Night
Next Week at a Glance
Reading – Narrative Responses to Reading; Novel Studies
Writing/Grammar – Modal Auxiliary Verbs – Test Friday, March 6th
Word Study –fortify, petrify, verify, unify, pacify, solidify, testify, horrify, magnify, mortify
Fry Words: open, other, over, paper, party
Social Studies – Government Unit. Vocabulary Test on Friday, March 6th. Unit Test on Wednesday, March 11th.
Simple Machines Vocabulary Test Thursday, March 5th; Unit Test and Simple Machine Leprechaun Trap due Friday, March 6th
9:00 Group Geometry (points, lines, line segments, rays, planes, and angles)
12:45 Group Multiplying Fractions Test Wednesday, March 4th
Friday – PE