Ms. Howell’s 4th Grade Class
February 20, 2015
Ms. Tone and I continue to use and revise our Class Dojo. Students receive positive points for making positive choices. They can also receive negative points if they choose to make a negative choice. At the end of each week, we will reward students according to the points that they receive each week. If you have not yet signed up on Class Dojo to receive updates and see your child’s daily progress and need another copy of your parent log-in, please let me know.
Instead of E, S, N, and U written in the choice card, you will receive a printout with the percentages for homeroom and ELA/Math block. Please initial the choice card for week 7 that you have reviewed the printouts for your child. Next week I will staple an insert into the Friday folder for you to sign verifying that you looked at the Class Dojo behavior report. I will be more than happy to explain in greater detail next week at parent-teacher conferences.
I look forward to seeing you next week at conferences. Please remember that our Early Release days are Wednesday and Thursday.
Next week, we will continue to use e-class as a source of homework for the week. Students will have 1-2 assignments each work to complete using the e-class course pages. Any student who does not have access to a computer or the internet can complete the assignment during morning work.
Below are just a few reminders/notes for the week:
- The Media Center February bookmark is due on Friday, March 6th.
- Six Flags Read to Succeed forms were sent home a few weeks ago. If your child would like to qualify for a free ticket to Six Flags, please complete the form (minutes read for reading bookmark count here too!). Students need to read and log a total of 6 hours. Forms need to be completed and returned by NEXT February 25th.
- E-class: Do you still have questions about eCLASS and how your student is using eCLASS in the classroom? Do you want a better understanding of the eCLASS Curriculum and Instruction tool? Click here to find handouts and resources for elementary, middle, and high school.
- Book Fair will be coming up the last week of February. Included in this week’s Friday folder is a flyer detailing some of the books that your child can choose from.
- We have been assigned a Coffee Lovers Basket for the Spring Carnival. All contributions should be turned in by THIS COMING Monday, February 23rd. At this time, we have only received two items for our class basket. Make plans to attend the Spring Carnival on Friday, March 6th.
- Included in last week’s Friday folder is information regarding donations for the American Heart Association. All donations will be accepted through the month of February.
School Wide Information
- February 23-27: Book Fair
- February 25-26: Early Release Days/Parent-teacher conferences
- Friday, March 6th – Burnette Spring Carnival
Next Week at a Glance
Reading – Poetry, prose, and drama
Writing/Grammar – Preposition Test Tuesday, February 24th
Word Study –employer, sculptor, actor, computer, teacher, professor, driver, writer, collector, calculator
Fry Words: northern, notice, object, ocean, often Test Monday, February 23rd
Social Studies – American Revolution Test Tuesday, February 24th; Begin Government
Science –Sound Unit and Vocabulary Test Monday, February 23rd
Simple Machines Vocabulary and Test Friday, March 6th
9:00 Group Decimal Fractions Unit Test Wednesday, February 25th
12:45 Group Multiplying Fractions
Wednesday –No Specials; due to Early Release
Friday – PE