Ms. Howell’s 4th Grade Class
February 13, 2015
Oh my goodness…thank you so much for all of the sweet treats today…I have plenty of chocolate to survive on!! J
Ms. Tone and I continue to use and revise our Class Dojo. Students receive positive points for making positive choices. They can also receive negative points if they choose to make a negative choice. At the end of each week, we will reward students according to the points that they receive each week. If you have not yet signed up on Class Dojo to receive updates and see your child’s daily progress and need another copy of your parent log-in, please let me know.
Next week, we will continue to use e-class as a source of homework for the week. Students will have 1-2 assignments each work to complete using the e-class course pages. Any student who does not have access to a computer or the internet can complete the assignment during morning work.
Below are just a few reminders/notes for the week:
- Parent-teacher conferences are just around the corner. You can sign up for your conference slot via the parent resources tab on the Burnette website or via the following link: http://www.ptcfast.com/schools/Burnette_Elementary_School.
- The Media Center February bookmark is due on Friday, March 6th.
- Six Flags Read to Succeed forms were sent home a few weeks ago. If your child would like to qualify for a free ticket to Six Flags, please complete the form (minutes read for reading bookmark count here too!). Students need to read and log a total of 6 hours. Forms need to be completed and returned by February 25th.
- E-class: Do you still have questions about eCLASS and how your student is using eCLASS in the classroom? Do you want a better understanding of the eCLASS Curriculum and Instruction tool? Click here to find handouts and resources for elementary, middle, and high school.
- Book Fair will be coming up the last week of February. Included in this week’s Friday folder is a flyer detailing some of the books that your child can choose from.
- We have been assigned a Coffee Lovers Basket for the Spring Carnival. All contributions should be turned in by Monday, February 23rd. At this time, we have not received any items for our class basket. Make plans to attend the Spring Carnival on Friday, March 6th.
- Included in this week’s Friday folder is information regarding donations for the American Heart Association. All donations will be accepted through the month of February.
School Wide Information
- Monday, February 16th: Student Holiday/Teacher Work Day/Snow Make-up Day 1
- February 23-27: Book Fair
- February 25-26: Early Release Days/Parent-teacher conferences
- Friday, March 6th – Burnette Spring Carnival
Next Week at a Glance
Reading – Comprehension Strategy – Words of the Wiser
Writing/Grammar – Prepositions Test on Thursday; Simple, Compound, Complex Sentences
Word Study –employer, sculptor, actor, computer, teacher, professor, driver, writer, collector, calculator
Fry Words: northern, notice, object, ocean, often
Social Studies – American Revolution - Vocab Test February 18 and Unit Test February 19
Science –Sound; Vocabulary and Unit Test on Thursday, February 19th
9:00 Group Decimal Fractions Unit
12:45 Group Adding and Subtracting Fractions Test Wednesday, February 18th
Friday – Art