Ms. Howell’s 4th Grade Class
February 6, 2015
Ms. Tone and I have begun using a system called Class Dojo. Students receive positive points for making positive choices. They can also receive negative points if they choose to make a negative choice. At the end of each week, we will reward students according to the points that they receive each week. You will see a letter for Class Dojo in your child’s Friday folder which will show you how you can access your child’s account to view their progress daily. Your child also has a password that they can access and they will be able to change their avatar. This has been a great tool for us to recognize the outstanding choices that the kids make each and every day.
Below are just a few reminders/notes for the week:
- Midterm Progress Reports are included in this week’s Friday folder. Please review your progress with your child.
- Parent-teacher conferences are just around the corner. You can sign up for your conference slot via the parent resources tab on the Burnette website or via the following link: http://www.ptcfast.com/schools/Burnette_Elementary_School.
- The Media Center February bookmark was in last week’s Friday folder. Bookmarks are due on Friday, March 6th.
- Six Flags Read to Succeed forms were sent home a few weeks ago. If your child would like to qualify for a free ticket to Six Flags, please complete the form (minutes read for reading bookmark count here too!). Students need to read and log a total of 6 hours. Forms need to be completed and returned by February 25th.
- Forms for GA PTA night with the Atlanta Hawks are included in your Friday folder. Please return if you plan to attend…the Hawks are having a GREAT season! Deadline to return the form is Wednesday, February 11th.
- E-class: Do you still have questions about eCLASS and how your student is using eCLASS in the classroom? Do you want a better understanding of the eCLASS Curriculum and Instruction tool? Click here to find handouts and resources for elementary, middle, and high school.
- Book Fair will be coming up the last week of February. Included in this week’s Friday folder is a flyer detailing some of the books that your child can choose from.
- Included in this week’s Friday folder is information regarding the Spring Carnival and our class spring basket. We have been assigned a Coffee Lovers Basket. See details in last week’s Friday folder for how you can contribute.
School Wide Information
- Monday, February 9th: Students swap Social Studies/Science class
- Monday, February 16th: Student Holiday/Teacher Work Day/Snow Make-up Day 1
- February 23-27: Book Fair
- February 25-26: Early Release Days/Parent-teacher conferences
- Friday, March 6th – Burnette Spring Carnival
Next Week at a Glance
Reading – Comprehension Strategy – Tough Questions
Writing/Grammar – Prepositions; Subjects and Predicate Review
Word Study – aquarium, terrarium, library, factory, laboratory, dormitory, aviary, lavatory, auditorium, sanctuary
Fry Words: million, molecules, money, morning, music
Social Studies – Begin American Revolution with 2nd Group; Vocab Test February 18 and Unit Test February 19
Science –Sound; Vocabulary and Unit Test on Tuesday, February 17th
9:00 Group Decimal Fractions Unit
12:45 Group Mixed Numbers, Improper Fractions, Adding and Subtracting Fractions;
Test Friday, February 13th
Thursday – Art
Friday – Music