Ms. Howell’s 4th Grade Class
January 23, 2015
We are moving right along with the third nine weeks and diving into the curriculum in all content areas. Please ensure that your child is completing his/her homework each night and preparing for vocabulary and unit tests. You can access the study guides for science, social studies, and math on my website or Ms. Tone’s. Parent/teacher conferences will be held the end of February, but if you would like to meet before then I am always available to set up a time with you. Thanks for your support at home!
Below are just a few reminders/notes for the week:
- The Media Center January bookmark is due Friday, January 30th. (It is was in last week’s Friday folder)
- Six Flags Read to Succeed forms were sent home a few weeks ago. If your child would like to qualify for a free ticket to Six Flags, please complete the form (minutes read for reading bookmark count here too!). Students need to read and log a total of 6 hours. Forms need to be completed and returned by February 25th.
- The GA Young Author’s competition is coming up soon. Students may submit any of their original work to be entered into the contest. Deadline for entries to be received is January 28th. All entries should be returned to Ms. Howell.
School Wide Information
- Friday, January 23rd: BINGO Night
- Thursday, January 29th: STEM Night
- Friday, January 30th: All Pro Dad’s Breakfast
- Thursday, February 5th: Skate Country Night
Next Week at a Glance
Reading – Inferencing
Writing/Grammar – Historical Biography Writing; Simple, Compound, Complex Sentences
Word Study –drivable, portable, flexible, credible, visible, audible, acceptable, digestible, convertible, collectible
Fry Words: lady, later, letter, level, little
Social Studies – Government – Vocab Test on Thursday, Jan. 29th; Unit test on Friday, Jan. 30th.
Science –Force, Motion, and Simple Machines vocabulary and Test Wednesday, January 28th; Simple Machine Project due Friday, January 30th; Begin Ecosystems Unit
9:00 Group Multiplying Fractions Test Thursday, January 29th
12:45 Group Fractions-Equivalent and Compare Test Friday, January 30th
Thursday – Art
Friday – Music