Ms. Howell’s 4th Grade Class
January 30, 2015
Below are just a few reminders/notes for the week:
- The Media Center February bookmark is included in this week’s Friday folder. Bookmarks are due on Friday, March 6th.
- Six Flags Read to Succeed forms were sent home a few weeks ago. If your child would like to qualify for a free ticket to Six Flags, please complete the form (minutes read for reading bookmark count here too!). Students need to read and log a total of 6 hours. Forms need to be completed and returned by February 25th.
- Don’t forget to return forms if your child plans to attend Gwinnett Gladiators Night and sing with the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade chorus. Forms are due Monday.
- Included in this week’s Friday folder is information regarding the Spring Carnival and our class spring basket. We have been assigned a Coffee Lovers Basket. See details in Friday folder for how you can contribute.
- Forms for GA PTA night with the Atlanta Hawks are included in your Friday folder. Please return if you plan to attend…the Hawks are having a GREAT season!
School Wide Information
- Thursday, February 5th: Skate Country Night
- Friday, February 6th: Midterm Reports go home
- Monday, February 9th: Students swap Social Studies/Science class
- Monday, February 16th: Student Holiday/Teacher Work Day/Snow Make-up Day 1
- February 23-27: Book Fair
- February 25-26: Early Release Days/Parent-teacher conferences
Next Week at a Glance
Reading – Comprehension Strategy – Aha Moments
Writing/Grammar – Historical Biography Writing; Simple, Compound, Complex Sentences; Homophones
Word Study –theology, musicology, geologist, gerontologist, technology, zoology, biologist, astrology, ecology, climatology
Fry Words: major, matter, measure, members, method
Social Studies – Government Test – Monday, February 2nd; Begin Westward Expansion
Science –Ecosystems Vocabulary and Unit Test Friday, February 6th
9:00 Group Multiplying Fractions Test Monday February 2nd; Begin Decimal Fractions Unit
12:45 Group Mixed Numbers, Improper Fractions, Adding and Subtracting Fractions
Thursday – Art
Friday – Music