Ms. Howell’s 4th Grade Class
January 9, 2015
I hope everyone had a warm and wonderful winter break! It is hard to believe that the school year is halfway over. The students still have so much more to learn before we have them prepared for 5th grade. As we move into the 3rd 9 weeks it is imperative that the students continue to read, practice their multiplication and division facts and complete homework each night. Please also go ahead and start studying science and social studies vocabulary and study guides to ensure that your child is prepared for all tests. Also, please make sure to review the grades that are below a 73 in the left side of your child’s Friday Folder with them and return them back to school for me to file. As always if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.
Below are just a few reminders/notes for the week:
- Your child’s report card is on the left side of the Friday folder for the 2nd 9 weeks. Please keep the actual report card at home and sign the back of the envelope. Return the envelope back in the Friday folder.
- The Media Center January bookmark is due Friday, January 30th. (It is on the left side of the Friday folder)
- BINGO Night is Friday, January 23rd from 6:00-8:00 at Burnette. There is an order form for BINGO cards, tickets, and food in the Friday folder. Please send in the order form by Wednesday, January 21st.
- There is a Yearbook order flyer if you did not order one yet. You can still order one on My Payments Plus by Friday, January 16th.
- Six Flags Read to Succeed forms are included in this week’s Friday folder. If your child would like to qualify for a free ticket to Six Flags, please complete the form (minutes read for reading bookmark count here too!). Students need to read and log a total of 6 hours. Forms need to be completed and returned by February 25th.
School Wide Information
- Thursday, January 15th: Chick-fil-A Spirit Night
- Monday, January 19th: MLK Holiday; No school
- Wednesday, January 21st: School wide Spelling Bee
- Friday, January 23rd: BINGO Night
- Thursday, January 29th: STEM Night
- Friday, January 30th: All Pro Dad’s Breakfast
Next Week at a Glance
Reading – Novel Studies; Constructed Responses
Writing/Grammar – Informational Writing
Word Study – telescope, telegraph, telegram, television, telephone, telemarketer, telephoto, telecast, telethon, televise
Fry Words: himself, however, hundred, inches, Indian
Social Studies -American Revolution; Vocabulary Test on Thursday, Jan. 15th; Unit Test on Friday, January 16th…Study guides are uploaded on my website (www.msheathertone.blogspot.com)
Science –Sound Vocabulary and Test Tuesday, January 13th; Force, Motion, and Simple Machines
9:00 Group Adding and Subtracting Fractions Test Wednesday, January 14th; Multiplying Fractions
12:45 Group Algebra and Patterns Test Monday, January 12th; Fractions-Equivalent and Compare
Thursday – Music
Friday – Media