Ms. Howell’s 4th Grade Class
October 17, 2014
Below are just a few reminders/notes that you will find in the Friday folder:
- Report cards for the 1st nine week period are included in the Friday folder. Please review the report card with your child. Sign and return ONLY the envelope to school on Monday. You can keep the actual report card.
- In your Friday folder this week is a Ziploc bag for Quarters for a Cause. Help support Burnette’s United Way student campaign by filling the bag with as many quarters as you can…even 1 quarter helps the cause. Ziploc bags should be returned by Friday, October 31st.
- Lost and Found: Our student lost and found cart overfloweth with coats and jackets. As the weather begins to get cooler, students will be wearing more outerwear. Please be sure your child’s first and last name is written inside coats and jackets (as well as on lunchboxes, waterbottles, etc) in case items are lost. If your child is missing an item, please stop by the lost and found to check for it. Any items remaining at the end of each month will be donated to charity.
- Your child will be bringing home a certificate from the Gwinnett Gladiators for Hat Trick for reading. These certificates are only good when used by the student (cannot be given away). The school that has the most redemption of certificates will receive a special party. Our redemption dates are November 1st , 2nd , or 8th. Go support the Gladiators and win a treat for our school!!!
- Don’t forget if you plan to order a book by Carmen Deedy to turn in your order forms by next Friday, October 24th. Order forms were included in last week’s Friday folder.
- Continue to work on completing the October fitness calendar
Electronic Devices for Reading From Ms. Tone
Students have enjoyed reading from their electronic devices this week. I e-mailed a copy of the release form if you have not already completed one. I will also attach a copy to my website (http://msheathertone.blogspot.com) that you can access. If you are unsure if you have completed the release form, or you need a new release form to complete, please let me know.
School Wide Information
October 27-31 – Red Ribbon Week
October 31 – All Pro Dad’s Breakfast
Next Week at a Glance
Reading –Close Reading Strategies; Comparing Passages; Short Answer Strategies
Writing/Grammar – Quotations and Nouns. Nouns test on Friday October 24th.
Word Study – terrain, Mediterranean, terrace, terrarium, subterranean, extraterrestiral, territory, terrier, Terre Haute, terra-cotta Fry Words: continued, copy, cotton, course, cows
Social Studies- Colony vocabulary test on Tuesday, October 21st. Colony Test on Wednesday, October 29th
Science – Earth, Moon, and Sun; Solar System Vocabulary Test Tuesday, October 21st
9:00 Group Multiplication (2 digit by 1 digit; 3 digit by 1 digit; 4 digit by 1 digit; 2 digit by 2 digit using equations, arrays, and area models) Test Friday, October 24th
12:45 Group Divisibility Rules, GCF, LCM, Multiplication (2 digit by 1 digit; 3 digit by 1 digit; using equations, arrays, and area models)
Specials Rotation: Please note that we will have specials from 9:00 – 9:50 this week due to ITBS testing in other grades.
Tuesday – Music
Thursday – PE
Friday – PE