Ms. Howell’s 4th Grade Class
April 17, 2015
It is that time…time to show what we have learned all year long. Your children have worked very hard this week in reviewing and preparing for the GMAS. I know that they are ready to succeed! Please be sure that your children get extra rest, get a good breakfast, and build in some time for play this next week as they begin their tests.
In your child’s Friday Folder you will find a GMAS Promise. You will initial each day if your child gets a good night’s sleep and eats a healthy breakfast. Then they will bring the form to school and I will initial each day that they arrive at school on time, listen and follow directions, and take their time and do their best each day of the GMAS. If the students keep their Promise then they will be able to eat lunch with me in the classroom on Wednesday, May 6th.
Midterm progress reports are also included in this week’s Friday folder. Please review your child’s current grades and discuss performance with your child. Please initial the progress report and send it back with your child on Monday. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
One of the things I shared at conferences this week was about the new Georgia Milestones Assessment (GMAS).
Below are some links of information that will give you some additional information.
· Want more general information about the upcoming Georgia Milestones Assessment? Take a look at the PTA Guide. http://s2.onmycalendar.com/Files/GE/A5R7514422I_PTAguide.pdf
· Would you like to see a sample of the online Georgia Milestones Assessment? Click through this elementary online test sample. http://learnoas.ctb.com/GA/
· Want detailed information about the upcoming Georgia Milestones Assessment? The Department of Education published this assessment guide specific for each grade level tested. http://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/Assessment/Pages/Georgia-Milestones-End-of-Grade-Assessment-Guides.aspx
· Parents: This is last year's Georgia Department of Education practice test. This is the only practice test available date formats as seen in the assessment guides. There are about 4 practice tests for each subject for grades 3-5. There are about 8-12 questions on each practice test. https://www.georgiaoas.org/servlet/a2l
Below are just a few reminders/notes for the week:
· Field Trip Form and donations are due by Friday, April 24th
· Mother’s Day Cake Orders have been extended and are due by Friday, May 1st
School Wide Information
· April 20th – GMAS Test ELA Section 1 and 2
· April 21st – GMAS Test ELA Section 3 (Extended Written Response)
· April 23rd – GMAS Test Math Section 1 and 2
· April 24th – Field Trip forms and money due
· April 27th – GMAS Test Science Section 1 and 2
· April 29th – GMAS Test Social Studies Section 1 and 2
· May 1st – Publix Mother’s Day Cake Orders Due
· May 5th – Fernbank Field Trip
· May 12th – Field Day
· May 19th – EOY party 1:45 – 3:00
Next Week at a Glance
Reading – GMAS Testing/Review
Writing/Grammar – GMAS Testing/Review
Word Study – No Word Study until after GMAS
Social Studies – GMAS Testing/Review
Mon./Tue. Group- Wed./Fri. Group- GMAS Testing/Review
9:00 Group GMAS Testing/Review
12:45 Group GMAS Testing/Review
Friday – PE