Ms. Howell’s 4th Grade Class
April 24, 2015
We have 3 days down of GMAS testing and only 2 more to go! The students have been working so diligently this week and I am so proud of them! Next week the students will take Science on Monday and Social Studies on Wednesday.
If your child is completing the GMAS Promise, then please remember to initial each day if your child gets a good night’s sleep and eats a healthy breakfast. Then they will bring the form to school and I will initial each day that they arrive at school on time, listen and follow directions, and take their time and do their best each day of the GMAS. If the students keep their Promise then they will be able to eat lunch with me in the classroom on Wednesday, May 6th.
We will have 4th 9 weeks Interims coming up the week of May 4th. These tests are given to the students to test them on all AKS taught in the 4th grade in all content areas. The schedule will be:
Monday, May 4th: Reading
Wednesday, May 6th: Math
Thursday, May 7th: Science
Monday, May 11th: Social Studies.
One of the things I shared at conferences this week was about the new Georgia Milestones Assessment (GMAS).
Below are some links of information that will give you some additional information.
· Want more general information about the upcoming Georgia Milestones Assessment? Take a look at the PTA Guide. http://s2.onmycalendar.com/Files/GE/A5R7514422I_PTAguide.pdf
· Would you like to see a sample of the online Georgia Milestones Assessment? Click through this elementary online test sample. http://learnoas.ctb.com/GA/
· Want detailed information about the upcoming Georgia Milestones Assessment? The Department of Education published this assessment guide specific for each grade level tested. http://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/Assessment/Pages/Georgia-Milestones-End-of-Grade-Assessment-Guides.aspx
· Parents: This is last year's Georgia Department of Education practice test. This is the only practice test available date formats as seen in the assessment guides. There are about 4 practice tests for each subject for grades 3-5. There are about 8-12 questions on each practice test. https://www.georgiaoas.org/servlet/a2l
Below are just a few reminders/notes for the week:
- Kiwanis K-Kids is selling onions. You will find an order form in your child’s Friday Folder. Expected delivery is the week of May 11th.
- The Summer Book Fair will be held May 4-8. The students can purchase 5 books for $20.
School Wide Information
· April 27th – GMAS Test Science Section 1 and 2
· April 29th – GMAS Test Social Studies Section 1 and 2
· May 1st – Publix Mother’s Day Cake Orders Due
· May 5th – Fernbank Field Trip
· May 12th – Field Day
· May 19th – EOY party 1:45 – 3:00
Next Week at a Glance
Writing/Grammar – Review
Word Study – No Word Study until after GMAS
Social Studies – GMAS Testing/Review
Mon./Tue. Group- GMAS Testing/Review
Wed./Fri. Group- GMAS Testing/Review
9:00 Group Review; Area/Perimeter/Line Plots Test Friday, May 1st
12:45 Group Review; Measurement Test Friday, May 1st
Friday – PE