We need your help! Next week, we will start our end of the year Standardized testing. Students will take two sections each day (other than the Language Arts day 2), and sections of this test will be very lengthy. Because of this, I would like to provide students with a healthy snack in between the two sections of the test each day. I am requesting that parents send in snacks, if possible, to help make sure that students have energy and are able to focus completely during the testing time. Please let me know if you are able to send in any of the following items. Please keep in mind that we have 26 students in our class. PLEASE NOTE: Snacks must be individually wrapped and ready to hand out quickly. Also, please make sure that all snacks are peanut free, as we have allergies in the classroom.
Monday, April 20- Goldfish snack crackers
Tuesday, April 21- Pretzels
Thursday, April 23- Nutrigrain Bar
Monday, April 27- Quaker Granola Bar
Wednesday, April 29- SmartPop! Kettle Korn Mini Bags
All days- Bottle of water
I really appreciate all of your help as we work together to make testing as successful and stress free as possible!
Other important information:
· GMAS Testing will be from April 20-May 1. The test schedule is as follows:
o Language Arts Section 1/2- Monday, April 20
o Language Arts Section 3 (Extended Response)- Tuesday, April 21
o Math- Thursday, April 23
o Science- Monday, April 27
o Social Studies- Wednesday, April 29
· Feed your child a breakfast high in protein (for example: eggs or peanut butter).
· The school offers breakfast a healthy breakfast every morning.
· Make sure your child sleeps at least 10 hours the night before a testing day.
· Keep life simple the week of testing.
· Have your child at school by 8:20 each testing day so that they have time to settle in for the day.
· NOTE: Children who must take make-up tests will not be tested in their own classroom by their own teacher and will be less at ease and more likely to make mistakes. So, please make every effort to have your child in school and on time ALL testing days.
· Remind them to always do their best!
· Our lunch time will be from 11:45-12:10 from April 20-May 1