Ms. Howell’s 4th Grade Class
November 7, 2014
Below are just a few reminders/notes that you will find in the Friday folder:
- Keep working on the Media Center November bookmark. It was on the left side of the Friday folder last week. It is due on Friday, November 21st.
- Remember if you want to purchase a fresh cut handmade Fraser Fir Wreaths from the Burnette PTA, order forms were in last week’s Friday folder. Orders are due on November 14th.
- We will be switching classes science/social studies classes this Thursday, November 13th.
- Midterm progress reports will go home next Friday.
- Spelling Bee lists are included in the Friday folder (and will also be posted on my website). Our spelling bee will take place in January. Use this list to help study.
- Artworks magnets are included in the Friday folder today. If you would like to order items, please send in your order forms as soon as possible. If you do not intend to order, please return the magnet and all forms. Thanks!
School Wide Information
Thursday, November 13th – Switch Social Studies/Science classes
Friday, November 14th – Midterm reports go home
Thursday, November 20- Holiday Feast (If you need a form, you can obtain one from the Burnette website)
November 24-28 – Thanksgiving Holiday
Next Week at a Glance
Reading – Non-fiction features/Text organization; Novel studies
Writing/Grammar –Complete opinion writings
Word Study – transplant, transfusion, transpose, transfer, transport, transform, transit, transmit, transparent, transgression, enjoyed, equal, entered, Europe, evening
Social Studies- Road to the Revolution Vocab Test on Tuesday, November 11th; Unit Test on Wednesday, November 12th
Science –Light Vocabulary Test on Tuesday, November 11th; Light Test on Wednesday, November 12th
9:00 Group Division (With up to four-digit dividends and one-digit divisors; illustrate and explain using equations, rectangular arrays, and area models)Division Test Wednesday, November 12th
12:45 Group Multiplication (2 digit by 1 digit; 3 digit by 1 digit; 4 digit by 1 digit; 2 digit by 2 digit using equations, arrays, and area models)Multiplication Test Thursday, November 12th
Thursday – Counseling
Friday – PE