Ms. Howell’s 4th Grade Class
May 1, 2015
The kids did a great job of powering through the Georgia Milestones the past two weeks. I am proud of how hard each of them has worked. As we approach the final 14 days of school, it is important that the students continue to be on task and working hard. We do have Post-tests beginning this week in each subject and several upcoming tests in various subjects that students need to be sure they are prepared and ready for. These tests are given to the students to test them on all AKS taught in the 4th grade in all content areas. The schedule will be:
Monday, May 4th: Reading
Wednesday, May 6th: Math
Thursday, May 7th: Science
Monday, May 11th: Social Studies.
Below are just a few reminders/notes for the week:
· Our field trip is this Tuesday. I will be sending a separate e-mail to all of my chaperones with information very soon. We are looking forward to our trip to Fernbank!!!
· Kiwanis K-Kids is selling onions. Order forms were in last week’s Friday folder. Expected delivery is the week of May 11th.
· The Summer Book Fair will be held May 4-8. The students can purchase 5 books for $20. There is a flyer in the Friday folder this week. Our class will have the opportunity to purchase on Wednesday, May 6th.
· Forms for the end-of-year talent show in Mrs. Grant’s music class are included in this week’s Friday folder.
· This week a letter went home regarding our upcoming Health presentation. If you do not wish for your child to participate in this lesson, I will need a written note from you before this Wednesday, May 6th.
School Wide Information
· May 5th – Fernbank Field Trip
· May 6th-Health Presentation; Summer Reading Bookfair Purchase
· May 7th- Kindergarten Registration
· May 8th- STEM Day; All Pro Dad’s Breakfast
· May 12th – Field Day
· May 13th: In-house field trip sponsored by PTA
· May 19th – EOY party 1:45 – 3:00
Next Week at a Glance
Reading –Review and Novel Studies
Writing/Grammar – Review
Word Study – microbus, microchip, microcosm, microfiber, micromanage, micrometer, microphone, microscopic, microworld, microwave Fry Words: rather, ready, reason, remain, return
Social Studies – Reformer Test Wednesday, May 6th; Economics Test Tuesday May 12th
Mon./Tue. Group- Review/Digestive System
Wed./Fri. Group- Review/Digestive System
9:00 Group Review
12:45 Group Review; Area/Perimeter/Line Plots Test Thursday, May 7th
Wednesday –PE *Please note the change
Friday – PE