Ms. Howell’s 4th Grade Class
May 15, 2015
Today all of the students in the 4th grade had a yearbook signing. If a student was unable to purchase a yearbook then they received an autograph book for their friends to sign. The students had such a wonderful time doing this! It will be a special keepsake for them to keep forever and remember their 4th grade year J
Let's POWER UP and READ, Burnette! For our summer reading program, we are participating in Scholastic's Summer Reading Challenge. Students will log reading minutes online during the summer using the Scholastic.com/summer website. A link to this website is on our Burnette homepage as well as on the Media homepage. As students log more minutes, they can earn badges and unlock short stories from favorite authors. All students received a special username and password to log in to this program from Mrs. Costilow. Parents, please log in with your child the first time. They have the option to change the password and choose a security question. After that, they can start logging minutes!
Parents, there are also great resources for you as well, such as reading lists, resources, and weekly sweepstakes. The first 300 students who log minutes will earn a special Power Up and Read dog tag! Let's POWER UP and READ, Burnette!
Below are just a few reminders/notes for the week:
· Monday: RAD Day (Read All Day) Students can bring a small towel, pillow, books, and magazines from home to read throughout the day
· Tuesday: Game Day Students can bring a board game from home to play; End of the Year Party
· Wednesday: End of Year Rotations with each 4th grade teacher
· Thursday: Last Day of School/Step-Up Day (students will meet their 5th grade teacher for next year) NO BOOKBAGS
School Wide Information
· May 19th – EOY party 1:45 – 3:00
· May 21st-Last day of school; Step-Up Day; Report cards go home