Ms. Howell’s 4th Grade Class
March 13, 2015
Please make sure that your child has the supplies that they need for school. Such as pencils, red pens, glue sticks, and scissors. I am completely out of my personal supply of these materials and I will not be able to make another purchase this school year. Please talk with your child and see what supplies they need, so they can be prepared for the remainder of the school year.
Please ensure that your child is taking GMAS practice tests online weekly, or even nightly. All tests are due by Friday, April 17th. They are a great preparation for the GMAS we have coming up at the end of April. They model the GMAS and it is important that your child feels confident with the format of the test. It will reduce any anxiety they have before the real thing! If you have any questions please let me know.
One of the things I shared at conferences this week was about the new Georgia Milestones Assessment (GMAS).
Below are some links of information that will give you some additional information.
· Want more general information about the upcoming Georgia Milestones Assessment? Take a look at the PTA Guide. http://s2.onmycalendar.com/Files/GE/A5R7514422I_PTAguide.pdf
· Would you like to see a sample of the online Georgia Milestones Assessment? Click through this elementary online test sample. http://learnoas.ctb.com/GA/
· Want detailed information about the upcoming Georgia Milestones Assessment? The Department of Education published this assessment guide specific for each grade level tested. http://www.gadoe.org/Curriculum-Instruction-and-Assessment/Assessment/Pages/Georgia-Milestones-End-of-Grade-Assessment-Guides.aspx
· Parents: This is last year's Georgia Department of Education practice test. This is the only practice test available date formats as seen in the assessment guides. There are about 4 practice tests for each subject for grades 3-5. There are about 8-12 questions on each practice test. https://www.georgiaoas.org/servlet/a2l
Below are just a few reminders/notes for the week:
· The Media Center March book mark is due on Friday, April 3rd
· Don’t forget to be completing practice tests on the OAS website. If students turn in forms by April 17th, they will receive a special treat from me.
· In this week’s Friday folder is information regarding our upcoming International and Fine Arts Night. I hope to see many of you there on April 2nd.
School Wide Information
- Thursday, March 19th-Chick-fil-a Night
· Friday, March 20th- Volunteer Breakfast (see info below); Report Cards go home
- Friday, March 27th-All Pro Dad’s Breakfast
· April 2nd – International and Fine Arts Night
· April 6th – 10th – Spring Break
Next Week at a Glance
Reading – Information and Opinion Responses to Reading
Writing/Grammar – Adverbs
Word Study – miller, archeology, laboratory, paleontologist, immutable, planetarium, clarify, tailor, edible, magnify Fry Words: pattern, perhaps, picture, planets, possible
Social Studies – Westward Expansion
Group 1: Animal Adaptations
Group 2: Ecosystems Vocabulary Test Thursday, March 19th
9:00 Group Geometry (triangles, measuring angles, polygons, symmetry) Geometry Vocabulary Test Thursday, March 19th; Geometry Test Friday, March 20th
12:45 Group Decimal Fraction Unit
Friday – PE