Ms. Howell’s 4th Grade Class
December 12, 2014
We only have one more week to go in the 2nd nine weeks. Even though the holidays are quickly approaching, there is still much work to complete. It is important for your child to continue to give his/her best on all Interims and tests this week. Then we can all celebrate at our class Holiday Party next Friday, December 19th at 12:00 J
Below are just a few reminders/notes for the week:
- In your child’s Friday folder there is a form for the students to complete if they would like to participate in the talent show in Music Specials next week. The talent show will take place on Wednesday, December 17th. If your child would like to participate please return the form next week.
- Toys For Tots donations can be brought in December 15th-19th. All toys must be unwrapped and new. There are boxes located in the front and downstairs lobby.
- The Media Center December bookmark is due Friday, December 19th. If you need another copy of the bookmark, you can print one from Ms. Tone’s website.
- Our class-wide spelling bee will be on Wednesday, December 17th. A practice list went home many weeks back. If you have misplaced the list and need a new copy please let me know and I will send another one home.
- We will continue our end-of-nine weeks Interim testing next week. We will have Science on Monday and Social Studies on Tuesday next week.
- Remember you can always keep up with your child’s grades by looking at the parent and student portal. As we end the nine weeks, keep in mind that most grades will be entered by December 19th. However, some assignments may be graded and input during the holiday break. Be sure to check the portal after January 5th for updated grades as a few assignments could be added on our teacher work day in January.
School Wide Information
December 15 – 2nd Nine Weeks Science Interim
December 16 – 2nd Nine Weeks Social Studies Interim
December 17 – Classroom Spelling Bee
December 19 – Holiday Party at 12:00
December 23 – January 5 – Student Holiday Break
Next Week at a Glance
Reading – Novel Studies; F&P Assessments
Writing/Grammar – Verbs Test on Thursday, December 18th
Word Study – NO WORD STUDY
Social Studies- Finish Road to Revolution Unit; Test on Thursday, December 18th
Science –Light Vocabulary Test Wednesday, December 17th; Light Test Thursday, December 18th
9:00 Group Mixed Numbers and Improper Fractions; Adding and Subtracting Fractions
12:45 Group Algebra (generating a number or shape pattern that follows a rule)
Thursday – Counseling
Friday – PE